Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Do you ever find yourself ?.......

I am sitting here looking at my little girl laughing to myself as I find myself thinking and doing things that my parents did!! Things I swore I would never do because it bugged the Heck out of me. What have I become????

*If you ever asked my dad for any type of food, he would always take a bite first. The hugest bites out of apples.
             -I do this every time to my kids food, especially apples.

*I hated doing chores every week growing up please I had such better things to do.
             -If all my chores aren't done every saturday morning, everybody else gets the wrath. I am so happy sunday morning.

*I could never understand why we had to clean our house before we left on vacation. We use to always say, "mom this is so dumb why do we have to clean? Incase someone robs our house and thinks oh wow this house is clean."  
              -Basically I like a constantly clean house.

*When my kids ask why? I tell them "because I said so and I'm in charge"

*I couldn't stand waiting for my dad to check all appliances to make sure they are off before leaving somewhere.
             -Ok I admit it, I don't want something to start on fire.

*This is so little kid of my mother but I love it, randomly my mom will buy a candy bar for herself while grocery shopping. Then keep it in the cupboard for whenever she desires.
             -I love to do this! Come on we mothers deserve it!!

*My mother and mother in law always kept the good treats in a different cupboard. A little higher up than most could reach. 
            -Mike makes fun of me for doing this. "this is so something my mom would do," he says. But come on the Jordan Almonds deserve a special place. They can't be eaten lightly!

I guess at some point we become our parents. And I am perfectly ok with this to a degree, hahaha. Mike and I have the greatest parents in the World. We Love you guys!!!!!!


2 comments:

Amie said...

Breeann, I know what you mean. Sometimes I'll catch myself doing something and say "oh my gosh, I turned into my mother!" But I totally do the hiding the candy thing. Sometimes I'll buy 2 of something and hide the second just so Sean won't eat it. How did we get so old? HAHA

Whitney said...

Seriouly Zach and I have had so many conversations about this lately. He says Im a good mix of my parents. Im a big chicken like my mom and worry about unimportant things like my dad. Its a good thing we have such amazing parents.

p.s- Jordan Almonds ALWAYS deserve to be in the special cupboard. ALWAYS.